koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Installer for 2.3

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Installer for 2.3
Date: Mon Jul 18 16:52:27 2005

Roger Horne <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] Would it be possible (1) to ask for pws to be entered twice
> and (2) for the MSQL pw to be checked (using msql -uroot -p or whatever)
> before the script is run?

My current idea is to have the database loading as its own
scripts: one to create the data and one to load it in, so the
worst damage of an incorrect password would be needing to rerun
the database loader. The two script approach would help people
who want to use phpMyAdmin or similar tools: they just won't
use the data-loading script.

> A less important point is that at the moment the q about "do you want to
> install a head branch and a printer" seems to take the answer "Yes" no
> matter whether the user types y or n ... [...]

Now you mention it, that sounds broken. I'll try not to copy that
problem into the new installer.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/