koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: Hi, some koha help please

From: Stephen Hedges
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: Hi, some koha help please
Date: Fri Jul 22 09:25:27 2005

Adam, I'm going to copy this message to the Koha developers list, since I
think you have found a possible bug in Koha.

I believe I have seen at least one other message like yours, and had
thought it was a Windows problem.  I see now, however, that selecting "no
marc" for 2.2.3 does not load the marc_word table (of course), yet the
searches look for matches in the marc_word table -- so they would never
work!  At least that's what it looks like to me.

Stephen

Adam Nyaga said:

> We have a project to promote koha in African Parliamentary libraries.
> Currently, we are planning an installation in one of the Parliaments, but
> first we have set up a test environment in our office to gain some
> confidence with the system.
>
> We have installed the 2.2.3 version (windows installer from the koha on
> windows site). After setting up the basic parameters, we went through the
> acquisition process and added one biblio item. However, searching through
> the opac search interface or the catalogue interface in intranet returns
> no reults.
>
> we have set the koha not to use MARC (system preferences marc=0). the
> query string i get from the opac-error log under apache folder is:
>
> select distinct m1.bibid from biblio,biblioitems,marc_biblio,marc_word as
> m1 where biblio.biblionumber=marc_biblio.biblionumber and
> biblio.biblionumber=biblioitems.biblionumber and
> m1.bibid=marc_biblio.bibid and (m1.word  like 'whys') order by
> biblio.title ASC
>
> An entry for the biblio item exists in each of the tables in the query
> except for the marc_word table, which has no data.
>
> What is the solution to this problem? We are using the default
> bibliographic framework with no tag mappings.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Adam Nyaga
> Nairobi, Kenya.
>
> --