koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Acquisitions Group Meeting

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: [Koha-devel] Acquisitions Group Meeting
Date: Thu Jul 28 08:18:16 2005

Hi all,

I spoke with HDL today on IRC about Koha's Acquisitions. There are a
few concerns:

Short-term:

1. Koha's current Acquisitions modules appear to be broken (HDL can
        expand on this)

2. Koha's simple acquisitions is too simple (does not include budget
        management for instance)

Long-term:

3. Koha should support standards for Acquisitions like EDI, WDDL,
        SOAP or Web Services.

I propose that we discuss fixing Koha's current solutions for the
2.2.x series and also discuss the long-term solution that we hope will
be in 3.0 if we can find a sponsor for the development.

So who has a vested interest in Koha's Acquisitions asside from HDL
and myself? What ideas do you have?

When we get some responses we can decide on a meeting time and I'll
put together an agenda.

Cheers,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS