Re: Pthread assumption + starting real port

From: OKUJI Yoshinori
Subject: Re: Pthread assumption + starting real port
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:46:51 +0900

  For me, that seems like you want to do a catastrophic revolution. If
you rewrite only auth, how will the whole system run? That makes
sense, only if you can continue your work with a non-working system
for the long. As a long-time contributor to free software, I know
that's _rarely_ feasible. Therefore, I suggested making Mach emulation
first. Mach emulation itself is surely bad, but we would make it
possible to allow both Mach-dependent code and libmom'ish code to
co-exist at the same time with it. For example, rewriting auth for L4
wouldn't affect the other parts, even if you don't rewrite other
servers or libraries. This way, it would be possible to throw away all
of the Mach-things, while the transition is gradual.

  Another thing: why do you want to discard glibc so much? Is there a
better alternative?

Okuji