Re: Pthread assumption + starting real port

From: OKUJI Yoshinori
Subject: Re: Pthread assumption + starting real port
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:20:12 +0900

From: address@hidden (Niels Möller)
Date: 16 Nov 2000 13:19:13 +0100

> Have anybody looked into what IDL and stub generator should be used?
> Is it doable to hack some L4 backend into mig, or is it better to use
> something else?

  You may be interested in IDL4 which is used in SawMill. A paper on
IDL4 is available from the LA-KA web site. I don't think it is a good
paper, because they didn't present what algorithms were used in IDL4
or the L4 version of Flick backend code at all (i.e. they just argued
that IDL4 was better), but it is worth reading.

Okuji