RE: personal webpage for L4-Hurd

From: Volkmar Uhlig
Subject: RE: personal webpage for L4-Hurd
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:35:48 +0100

>   Hello,
>
>   I started writing a personal webpage for L4-Hurd. If you find
> anything wrong, let me know, please.
>
> http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji/l4-hurd.html

Okuji,
you write on your web-page:
"One thing which I find cannot be realized in current L4 is that it doesn't
provide sufficient information on elapsed time. This is necessary especially
for profiling, but L4 doesn't tell how amount of time is used for a certain
thread (e.g. system time in Mach). I think the L4 API should be extended."

That is not true. Have a look at the thread_schedule syscall which provides
the time consumed by a thread.

Volkmar

---
Dipl. Inf. Volkmar Uhlig,
System Architecture Group, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
mailto:address@hidden, phone: +49 (172) 352-8285