Re: L4Hurd at Sourceforge

From: Ian Duggan
Subject: Re: L4Hurd at Sourceforge
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:02:03 -0700

> > > I really dislike fiaco because it is written in C++, IMHO C is better for
> > Fiasko is not that bad. It's not as fast as the L4Ka, but fast enough
> > and compatible to the other X86-L4 kernels. Thus you don't need to worry
> > about which L4 microkernel you are using. The V-Fiasko also looks quiete
> > promissing.
> > But if you want the L4Ka, then look at the CVS repository at
> > sourceforge.
> > Some C-Bindings are also available there.
>
> As most of them are compatible it doesn't matter much, however I prefer
> hazelnut. I already have run it and looked at the code. Fiasco however
> didn't compile for me. I don't know the opinion of ther people. :)

It would be nice if the Hurd could run on anything that implements L4.
Interoperability is the key here, so I think we should endeavor to make
it run on all of these. My initial question was just to see which ones
we should put in CVS to get things going.

I think maybe that fiasco isn't far enough along. Which of the many L4
microkernels out there is the most stable, complete, and easy to use? I
think that would be the best choice to get things going with.

-- Ian

Ian Duggan                    address@hidden
                              http://www.ianduggan.net