TODO: Need help finishing translation of German thesis

From: Ian Duggan
Subject: TODO: Need help finishing translation of German thesis
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:07:18 -0800

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any German/English speakers on the list
who would be interested in helping with a translation.

I have translated a good deal of Christian Helmuth's diploma thesis from
German into English. This was done using a combination of Google's "View
as HTML" feature, lots of emacs macros, babelfish, and a German/English
dictionary. This has been quite a feat for me, as I don't speak a lick
of German!

I'm about halfway through the translation, but it is very tedious. If
there are any translators on the list looking for a way to contribute,
this would definitely be a help. The German and English translation
(incomplete) are available on:

        http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/l4hurd/

I got as far as:

        DESIGN
           Emulation of the Kernel Environment
               General DDE Functionalty
                   Memory Management
                       vmem

Anyone willing to help complete this translation?

-- Ian

Ian Duggan                    address@hidden
                              http://www.ianduggan.net