Re: helping hand

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: helping hand
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:59:20 +0200

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there any web site beside
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd.html#documentation that i can the
> status of the project,so i can help anyway i can?

<http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/l4hurd/> is definitively more helpful,
but it is also out of date (it claims the current target is Hazelnut,
while Neal is working on porting the Hurd to the yet-unreleased
Pistachio kernel).

What Neal is doing is building the infrastructure for the Hurd (the last
point of the list on the above page, and note that he is _not_ writing a
port server) and implementing the memory server, which is described in
<http://web.walfield.org/papers/gnu-virtual-memory-management-system-lsm-2002-07-14/>.

Oh well, it seems I should write the information I have about the L4
port down somewhere in detail, so that we can just point people to some
web page.

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--