Re: L4::Pistachio 0.3 and Bochs

From: Espen Skoglund
Subject: Re: L4::Pistachio 0.3 and Bochs
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:32:11 +0100

[Ludovic Courtès]
> Today, 3 minutes, 8 seconds ago, Apurva Mehta wrote:
>> Things have progressed when I compiled with those options (except
>> that --enable-3dnow causes a compilation error that I can't fix, so
>> I have skipped it). However, Although pistachio boots now, I cannot
>> do much with it. Whenever I select an option from the menu, I get
>> some characters flipping in the top right corner of the screen. If
>> I boot the same pistachio from the main grub I have installed on my
>> system, I can do a whole lot more.

There's no reason to freak out by the characters flipping in the upper
right corener.  These are merely "spin wheels" that tell the
user/developer that something is going on (interrupt arrived,
end-of-timeslice, etc.).  These spin wheels will appear if the kernel
is configured with debugging support.

        eSk