Re: Working on the ddf

From: Daniel Wagner
Subject: Re: Working on the ddf
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:33:55 +0200

> Why should it _not_ be put in the Hurd repo?  Isn't this effort
> part of the Hurd project?  Or is it because you're trying to build
> a generic server, which can be used by other operating systems?

One design goal is that it can be used by other projects as well.
Marcus has told me that it might be a good idea to move it to a
project of its own.  That allows to add developers which are not part
of the hurd projects, etc.

> I see that as a secondary priority.  First, lets get hurd-l4 running.

It is definitely a first priority to get hurd-l4 running.  The other
ideas are I mentioned are for later.

cheers,
daniel