Re: wortel error when I boot the system

From: bertrik
Subject: Re: wortel error when I boot the system
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:56:51 +0200

Citeren Marco Gerards <address@hidden>:

> rafael ernesto alfaro sandoval <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have this problem when i boot the system:
> > This is the message:
> >
> > wortel 0.0
> > add_unused_area: add region 0x2049 with size 0x13
> > add_unused_area: add region 0x2060 with size 0x15
> > add_unused_area: add region 0x1fbe0 with size 0x20
> > add_unused_area: add region 0x20a6a0 with size 0x60
> > wortel: error: Some modules are missing
>
> You have to add a dummy module a few times.  Just strip physmem and
> use that several times.
>
> This is what I have:
>
> title L4-Hurd VGA
> root (nd)
> kernel /laden -D -o vga
> module /ia32-kernel
> module /sigma0
> module /wortel -D -o vga
> module /physmem -D
> module /physmem
> module /physmem
> module /physmem
> module /physmem

It seems that many people trying to run Hurd-L4 have run into this
problem (myself included).

Would it make sense to document this?
If so, I wouldn't mind adding it to the HURD-on-L4 wiki at
http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/HurdOnL4

Or should we fix this? Perhaps by creating 'real' dummy modules?
Also, is it any use if someone removed the requirement for stripping
physmem? (looks like a good thing for a newbie-hacker to work on)

Regards,
Bertrik