Re: Questions about copy-on-write

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Questions about copy-on-write
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:57:53 +0200

Sam Mason wrote:
I think the next challenge for me is to figure out how a task can
revoke a mapping it gave to another task.  I guess I'll have to give
the L4 a bit of a read. . .

In there you will find the systemcall unmap, which revokes a mapping recursively. This cannot be used, because the task didn't physically do the mapping, that was only conceptually. Only the task which did that can revoke it. And that was physmem. So to revoke a mapping, tell physmem to do it, and it'll be arranged. :-)

Thanks,
Bas