Building hurd-l4 on Debian GNU/Hurd

From: bddebian
Subject: Building hurd-l4 on Debian GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:01:00 +0000

Firstly, my apologies if this comes over in HTML.. :-(

OK, so I was trying to build hurd-l4 on my GNU/Hurd box which was puking making libc-parts.a.  Finally figured out that ar and nm were choking because /lib/libc.a is just a linker script on GNU/Hurd (Thanks neal, marco, and ams).

As a temporary fix, neal had me hack configure.ac to use /lib/libcrt.a vs. libc.a but this probably needs a better solution.

Thanks,

Barry