Re: Some libl4 patches

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: Re: Some libl4 patches
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:31:31 +0000

Hi Matthieu,

I haven't looked at your patch in detail yet but I will.

Just to let you know, right now we do not use string items at all in
the Hurd.  This doesn't mean that we won't nor does it mean that we
don't want libl4, it just means that as you have observed, the code is
not well tested.

Next, please supply a change log entry.  For an example of a change
log entry, look in the ChangeLog files and in the GNU Coding
Standards.  It is important that this is included.

Also, can you please fix your indentation to be consistent with ours.
For instance, in the last hunk of your patch, you have:

        +  if(msg_buffer[1])

This should be:

        +  if (msg_buffer[1])

Note the space.  All of this is covered in the GNU coding standards
(and if you use emacs, tab helps a lot with indentation).

A very minor nit: please use -p when generating diffs.  This makes
them slightly easier to read.

Finally, for something a bit more positive: your explanation of what
is wrong is excellent and a text like this should accompany all
patches.

Thanks for you contribution.  I will review the patch in more detail
in the near future.

Neal