Re: help: echo code..

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: help: echo code..
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:33:07 +0100

At Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:26:23 -0600,
markus kaarn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >Do you get output from laden -D?
> >

> Yep, more than i can read out(can't scroll back)!
> Wortel gives debug info when i pass -D to it.

Then the echo works, and just your code is wrong, whatever you are
trying to do ;)

Maybe show us your changes or so.

If you get the system to work as is (it should boot, start deva, and
you should be able to echo your keystrokes, and get into the kdb with
ESC if you have enabled the kbd and int $3 trap in the L4 config),
then you at least have a solid base.

> No, i use no emu, my system is to slow to handle any of
> them(633Mhz(Coppermine)).

Try qemu.  It's way faster than bochs, and may just work good enough
for you.

> On my PC i have nVidia [Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro] 32Mb.
> Your question about it made me doubt if it's good with running Hurd-L4,
> i have another Voodoo [Banshee 16Mb] on my brothers PC, maybe could use
> that one.

No, there is no difference in basic VGA... The only concern would have
been a monochrome video card from the 80s :)

> If i set (-o vga) wortel must output to VGA, and if (-o serial..) is set
> wortel output to serial.. ??

VGA is default, but yes.