Re: _hurd_cap_obj_entry->client_item and hurd_cap_obj->clients

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: _hurd_cap_obj_entry->client_item and hurd_cap_obj->clients
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:09:49 +0100

At Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:02:18 -0500,
Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> What are _hurd_cap_obj_entry->client_item and hurd_cap_obj->clients
> supposed to be used for?  From what I can figure out, it seems that
> they intend to provide a list of the capability object entries which
> refer to the capability object.  Beyond adding the entry to the list
> in the capability object in obj-copy-out.c, however, the list seems to
> never be used.  Is this dead code which can be removed?

The reverse lookup is needed to implement revocation, which is not
implemented yet.

Actually, it seems that there is also some code missing to remove the
entry from the list at the appropriate time.  But as there is no
actual way for a user to release their reference yet (there must be an
internal demuxer for direct cap obj manipulation), it's probably just
more code that has to be written (as opposed to a bug in the current
code).