Re: The idea of an own L4

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: The idea of an own L4
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:28:55 +0200

At Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:37:56 +0200,
Alfred M Szmidt wrote:
> As for where the future lies, I my crystal ball is misty...  Many
> people are getting quite tired of the whole `lets wait for the FOO
> microkernel before we continue porting'.

Surely those people will find their way to the appropriate mailing
lists and do constructive work their.

This is the mailing list for constructive work on different designs.
Please stick to that.

> This is more or less why I have completely ignored Hurd/L4, everyone
> is afraid to take a decision and stick with it.  Just pick something,
> and work on that...  Nothing is ever perfect.

It's fine to be ignorant about what we do.  It is not appropriate to
be ignorant about it and then comment on it.