Re: Hurdish applications for persistence

From: ness
Subject: Re: Hurdish applications for persistence
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:49:17 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
   We can. If we write new ones. But some existing program might rely
   on a working chroot call.

And we can make chroot() just return ENOSUPPORT, and be happy.

Really cool. And every program that depends on chroot will fail with an
error message. (Before you ask, I dunno what programs that are, but I
guess not that much). If you could give reasons for not having chroot
that don't have sth. to with that we can't _implement_ it easily, I
maybye agreed with you. But shouldn't it be possible to decrase the cost
of starting a sub hurd for chroot? With some optimisations? This was
more clear, IMHO.
--
-ness-