Re: problems with hierarchy: L4 pagers

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: problems with hierarchy: L4 pagers
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:47:06 -0400

Espen: your response concerning pagers deserves a careful and considered
reply. I want to read your description with my full attention, and I
want to describe my challenge question in a way that is carefully clear
so that in the end we will both have confidence in the outcome.

I have other things that I must write today that will demand my
attention, and I am leaving tonight for my sister's wedding this
weekend. I will reply to this as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I want to thank you and to apologize. Thank you for
accepting this as the serious technical challenge question that I
intended, and I apologize for allowing my personal frustrations about
the "L4 zone of silence" to intrude. You are being (and have always
been) very helpful, and I appreciate it.

Let me add that I would find it a great pleasure to be wrong about the
L4 hierarchies. It is healthy and important that there should be
multiple securable architectures.

Jonathan