Re: Let's do some coding :-)

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Let's do some coding :-)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:09:07 +0200

     1. Why do we need *another* POSIX OS? What real value can it
        provide?

Because rewriting the 300 something GNU projects is not realistic.

     2. Shouldn't we be looking forward rather than backward?

POSIX is old strong horse, no reason to shoot her.

People on this list don't seem to grasp the fact that the Hurd is one
itsy bitsy part of the GNU system, and that it must work with the rest
of the tools in the GNU system.