Fwd: POSIX Layer / Emulation

From: Justin Emmanuel
Subject: Fwd: POSIX Layer / Emulation
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:03:35 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Emmanuel <address@hidden>
Date: 26-Oct-2005 19:03
Subject: Re: POSIX Layer / Emulation
To: address@hidden

I have no problem with that. I have no loyalty to a particular
technology. If we build it, GNU apps will end up supporting it in the
long run. You and I both know that. Open Source/GNU cannot be so
entrenched in current backwards technology that it cannot move
forward. I have a far greater loyalty to that concept. Open Source is
far to important to be permitted to have that point of view. A POSIX
emulation layer to help GNU apps run on a GNU system. I have no
problem with that at all. I system that runs on 1980/90's technology
(and even older!). This is a far bigger issue.