Re: Changing from L4 to something else...

From: Matheus Morais
Subject: Re: Changing from L4 to something else...
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:57:00 -0200

    I might add that much of the reasons are based on thoughts to change
    the kernel of Hurd on L4 to yet-another-kernel called EROS.

Who is in favor of that?

I am against it--to keep changing platforms means never getting it done.

 Looks very clear for me, Hurd need another kernel this is a fact. Its impossible improve in many aspects in the currently Mach microkernel. That means Hurd is not ready to use, he have a lot of problems and lack of speed at IPC. I have a lot of respect about RMS position, but I degree with that.

Thanks

Matheus Morais