Re: Changing from L4 to something else...

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: Changing from L4 to something else...
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:21:53 -0500

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 17:08 +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > Of course, if the user actually *wanted* the window to move, they could
> > simply have moved it.
>
> In some cases it may be useful to automate things.  That can include actions
> which are usually performed by the user, such as moving windows.  Our system
> should not make this impossible, but it shouldn't allow it by default.

I think we should look at these things on a case by case basis. In many
cases we will conclude that we can simultaneously eliminate the need for
automation and *improve* the user interface.

The really tricky one is interaction replay for testing. This is the
case where you really *do* want to let a program run the mouse and
keyboard.