TC (was: Re: Sysadmins)

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: TC (was: Re: Sysadmins)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 01:11:46 +0100

Hi,

> I am not aware of any provision in *any* variation of TC that would
> preclude you from installing your own boot loader or operating system.

Well, check again.

I haven't been actively tracking the issue, but my last information is
that Apple plans to use TC to prevent installing different systems on
their upcoming x86 hardware.

The more typical use case is actually worse however: While it won't
prevent you from installing the system of your choice, it will allow
checking whether you have the "right" one installed, and denying access
to certain services if you don't. How is that not treacherous?

-antrik-