Re: Is the list still working?

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Is the list still working?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:02:13 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:12:44PM -0500, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:56 +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/2005-12/msg00045.html
>
> I'm not sure which question specifically you want an answer to,

In that e-mail and the e-mails before it, I described a memory management
system which would allow a high degree of self-paging.  I think this would be
a very good idea.  I got the impression that your plans would allow much less
of it, so I was hoping to convince you and make you change your plans a bit.
:-)

So the real question is: Do you think the proposal would be a good idea?  If
not, and you want something which doesn't support self-paging instead, don't
you think that's a severe limitation?

> but I think we are about to send out a concrete design for pinning, and I
> suggest that we should refocus our discussion around that.

I look forward to it.

Thanks,
Bas