Re: Meantime

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Meantime
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:12:34 -0500

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 13:19 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I suggest that instead of waiting, people could play a bit with
> Hurd/Mach in the meantime, maybe try to fix some problems you see -- to
> get a feeling what the Hurd is really all about, where the limits of the
> current implementation are, what needs to be fundamentally revamped,
> what features should be preserved in any new design.

In fact, I strongly agree with Olaf: Anybody who wants to help with
design issues should make sure they understand the Hurd on Mach well
enough to see the strengths and weaknesses.  In fact, they should also
know POSIX reasonably well, and as many other systems as possible.  But
in particular the Hurd.

Neal and I would not be were we are today without this experience.