Re: SSH revised

From: Lluis
Subject: Re: SSH revised
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:11:28 +0100

El Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:28:03PM +0100, Bas Wijnen ens deleità amb les
següents paraules:

> The easy part is that the system doesn't have access to the encryption keys.
> If the ssh public key was transferred to the user via a separate channel, the
> system cannot snoop the connection.  That's because the user code does the
> decryption, the system code only transports the encrypted data.

well, in current ssh, the session private key is a system-global one

and I don't know the real process, but this can't work if the current ssh
clients first handshake on a way to encrypt the session and after that is
when the client gives the username and password

I mean, when the user server gets the connection, it is already encrypted,
so unless a re-negotiation of session encryption takes place, any of the
programs that handled that connection cap. to the user server could be
snooping on it...

am I wrong?

Read you,
  Lluis

 Tollbooth

 Listening: Van Halen (The Best Of Both Worlds) - 09. Pista 09