Re: Reliability of RPC services

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Reliability of RPC services
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:49:32 +0200

Scribit Pierre THIERRY dies 22/04/2006 hora 17:35:
> I'm not familiar at all with the use of capabilities by a program, but
> couldn't S drop it's capability in a way that won't trigger the send
> that the "invoke on delete" bit asks for?

I reply to myself (mea culpa, for I didn't read all the thread before
sending my mail): IIUC, that would enable a malicious S to let C be
waiting indefinitely for the answer, never getting it nor any
notification that no answer will ever be able to reach it (because the
reply capability is not owned by anyone or because the owner is
destroyed). Am I right?

Quickly,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A