Nurd-NG io_t

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Nurd-NG io_t
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:32:06 +0200

I'm having trouble understanding a point in the specification of the I/O
capability type:

  ``If [...] amount is 0, then [...] a void capability is returned in
  retry.''

  ``To implement a select -like functionality, amount can be set to 0.
  This probes if data is immediately available for reading or not. If
  this method is invoked on the I/O object, then the probe is
  non-blocking.  If it is invoked on the retry capability, the probe is
  blocking.''

I'm not sure it there is'nt a contradiction here, or if I just don't
understand: when no invocation has been made, there is no retry
capability, so when you start this select-like behaviour, you have to
invoke the io_read on the io_t capability. But if amount is set to 0,
you get a void capability. Do you invoke the io_read method on the void
capability. Then, what happens?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A