A Framework for Device Drivers in Microkernel Operating Systems

From: William Grim
Subject: A Framework for Device Drivers in Microkernel Operating Systems
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:11:36 -0500

"A Framework for Device Drivers in Microkernel Operating Systems" is my thesis proposal as I presented it to my university board members for creating a device driver framework that I intend to target to either Hurd-L4 (is it Hurd-NG now?) or Coyotos directly.

Thought some of you might want to take a look at the final proposal and see if any of you have any thoughts or comments on it.  I plan to start on implementation in about a week and a half; I'm on a short summer break to recoup right now.

Thesis is at http://symbolx.org/doc/thesis/thesis.pdf and http://symbolx.org/doc/thesis/thesis.ps.

I really look forward to any comments or suggestions anyone may have!

--
William M. Grim
Computer Science Master's Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville