Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 06:57:04 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 12/05/2006 hora 17:45:
> System Services
>
> Unix-style suid applications have been proposed as one application for
> alternative process construction mechanisms. [...]
>
> In fact, no gain can derived from letting the user instantiate system
> services. In Unix, system services run on durable resources, which the
> user can not revoke.

You make here the assumption that suid is only used for system services,
but I have many suid games in my system, exactly for the purpose I
described: letting these programs access the hall of fame without
letting me accessing it otherwise.

Can you propose a way to achieve this?

Curiously,
Nowhere man