Re: Bas Wijnen to take a long break from all Hurd activities

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Bas Wijnen to take a long break from all Hurd activities
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:56:00 +0200

Hello!

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:31:49AM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> My PhD project is getting in trouble, in part due to the large amount
> of brain capacity I am spending on the Hurd lately.  Since I want to
> finish my PhD properly, I decided to stop working on the Hurd until it
> is finished.  That will take at least a year.

Understandable.  Good luck with your PhD!

> I am confident that you can make it a success without me.

Well, I suppose we'll still be in the process of making it a success at
the time you'll be able to re-join, isn't it?  :-)

> I will unsubscribe from all Hurd mailinglists.

I think the list software has a function to temporarily disable mail
delivery, perhaps that's what you're looking for.

> Finally, a note to Thomas: I am still listed as a list-owner for
> address@hidden  However, I no longer know the password

I think I mailed the passwords to all the moderators and list
administrators when I changed it.  Nevertheless, with the spam delivery
circumvention system we implemented, nearly no moderation is necessary
anymore, so I didn't even notice that you're not moderating anymore.

> Could you please remove me from the list of list-owners?

Done.

Regards,
 Thomas