Re: My broken dream.

From: Luis Araujo
Subject: Re: My broken dream.
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 04:28:46 -0400

Every once in a while a thread like this shows up in the list (you can
search the archives for it) ....

Users disappointed or criticizing the current state of the Hurd, and
they try to go into this subject, analyzing so many complex factors,
programming languages, kernel technology, operating system design, moon
phases .....

And the thing is, no, there is no really a conspiracy against the hurd,
the problem is simpler than what many of you can think...

Problem: There is nobody coding to get the Hurd "done"

Notice how I said "to get the Hurd done" ..... the project might have
some committers, and also volunteers doing work here and there, that is
great ... but none with a clear vision of getting the work just DONE.

Ok, that is the mystery unveiled .... now, my suggestion is that, if you
really want to see the Hurd going somewhere, jump into the code (nobody
is stopping you) and take it somewhere , to the point, where it actually
looks like a viable and functional project .... otherwise, just starting
a thread complaining about the current state of it, see, that already
has been done before (plenty of time), and it has not produced any kind
of benefit ... it is actually quite boring by now :)

Regards,