HURD on Viengoos? Also, what exactly is dmd?

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: HURD on Viengoos? Also, what exactly is dmd?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:28:50 -0700

I've been follwing the HURD some time now, but I only recently HURD(get it?) about the Viengoos microkernel project. I know how it's supposed to only be a testbed for things that will eventually go into the Mach. But has there been an effort to port HURD to Viengoos yet? Has it worked?

Also, I also read about dmd on the GNU website. It is basically like that server that Minix has that can restart other servers and is basically an extremely powerful systemd? Does Debian GNU/HURD use it? Or does it use sysvinit?