Re: What is the standard microkernel?

From: Richard Braun
Subject: Re: What is the standard microkernel?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:35:36 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 08:40:53AM +0000, Dr. Bas Wijnen wrote:
> This project has been dead for years, so I'm not sure if anyone is still
> reading this list. I still think it would be cool to have a GNU system running
> on a microkernel, but there clearly isn't enough motivation in the community
> make it happen. (We tried, but didn't get it working well enough to make it
> usable; now for a long time nobody has even been trying.)
>
> So while I wish you luck with your project (it sounds like fun!), I don't
> think
> people on this list can give you much advice about it. I'm guessing lots of us
> aren't even subscribed anymore.
>
> So for advice, I'm afraid you'll need to look elsewhere.

Hello,

I'm sure people still read this list, as I do, but there isn't much to
say. There is no standard kernel. The de-facto standard is GNU Mach
because it's the only one in use, the only one people really work on
that we know of. And that's it.

For more, this project would have to be revived.

--
Richard Braun