ladcca-devel

Re: [ladcca] 0.4.0 build errors on Linux

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [ladcca] 0.4.0 build errors on Linux
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:32:56 +0000

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 00:09, address@hidden wrote:

> ./configure: line 11442: test: too many arguments

Should be fixed in CVS; I'd appreciate it if you could test.

> 2) I got build errors on the use of the -std=gnu99 option to gcc.
> My gcc:
>       Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-linux/2.95.4/specs
>       gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
> To solve it I removed the option from the makefiles. Seemed to build
> okay after that, but I do not know what this option does.

It specifies the C standard that gcc bases warnings and errors on ("The
great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from" :)
The gnu99 option selects C99 plus GNU extensions.

> 3) Got a trivial build error on project.c. See patch.

Fixed in CVS

> After this it builds and works ok.
> Hope this helps. Any advice on 2?

Upgrade your compiler :)  Either that, or remove the -std option from
common.am and run autogen.sh.

Thanks for the report

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak