ladcca-devel

Re: [ladcca] starting up the server - JACK error: cannot connect to jack

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [ladcca] starting up the server - JACK error: cannot connect to jack server
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:26:25 +0000

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 03:09, Piotr Sawicki wrote:
> Hi,
> I have mdk 9.2 with ladcca 0.4.0 installed from thac's rpm.
>
> As in the manual, it is supoosed to start the server before jack

> address@hidden piotr]# ladccad
> JACK error: cannot connect to jack server

What in the manual gave you that impression?  You need to start jackd
before ladccad; if the manual is giving any other idea then it needs to
be fixed.

I also note you're running as root; not a good idea.  All the ladcca
projects will be owned by root and all the clients will be run as root
when you reload a project as well.

> I could't also find in the manual what is the purpose of the
> ladcca_gtk_client and ladcca_simple_client and why there are two ladcca
> save buttons.

The GTK and simple client are just examples.  The two save buttons are
pretty much exactly the same thing, but one uses GTK 1.2 and the other
uses GTK 2.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak