[Libcdio-devel] Big filesystem reorganization - paranoia is coming

From: C.Y.M
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Big filesystem reorganization - paranoia is coming
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:30:53 -0800

R. Bernstein wrote:
C.Y.M writes:
> I am having problems building libcdio after these new paranoia changes > have been introduced. I am using gcc 3.3.5 and i686 linux:

New to CVS eh? This kind of thing happens to CVS users when there is a
major directory organization as happened here. You should run from the
CVS libcdio tree:

make uninstall make clean
  cvs update -dPA .
  ./autogen.sh
make
Another easy thing to do is just check out the CVS tree again and run
autogen.sh like you presumably did the first time. Unless you have
modification in your local tree, there shouldn't be any loss. And if
you do, you can rename your tree and copy that back in after the CVS
checkout. (And remember to send along any useful changes ;-)

Finally should note that since I haven't updated library version
numbers, it's also best to remove the libraries before making. "make
uninstall" will do that.

For OS's other than GNU/Linux, for now cd-paranoia should be disabled:

./configure --without-cd-paranoia.

Thank you, but I did try all of your mentioned suggestions beforehand. You mention that this should compile in linux with cd-paranoia enabled? Could this problem have somthing to do with my version of Autoconf or Automake? Also, I notice these ununsed variables:

processing .
Running libtoolize...
Running aclocal -I .  ...
Running autoheader...
Running automake --add-missing --gnu  ...
src/cd-paranoia/Makefile.am:28: unused variable: `cd_paranoia_LDADD'
src/cd-paranoia/Makefile.am:26: unused variable: `cd_paranoia_SOURCES'
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
checking for gawk... gawk