[Libcdio-devel] detecting media changing.

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] detecting media changing.
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:07:36 -0500

I've recently put in CVS something to try to detect a CD has been
changed (ejected/reloaded). On GNU/Linux this is part of the ioctl
system. On other OS's the only thing I've been able to find is a MMC
command (GET EVENT STATUS). If folks know of how to do by some other
means in some OS and it works better or more reliably, please let me
know.

I've been able to test on cygwin and GNU/Linux and it works. On
Solaris it looks like the ioctl never returns.