[Libcdio-devel] CDtext charset

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] CDtext charset
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:10:55 -0400

What cdtext_get returns is basically what's in the subchannel
information from the CD-ROM. So sorry if this point seems is a little
bit pedantic, but the question really is about what charset is
returned from requesting the CD Text subchannel from a CD-ROM.

My guess is that the standard is character-set neutral which means the
bytes can be anything you want and you somehow have to know what
encoding was used in putting the data in there. Just a guess...