Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:02:41 -0400

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò writes:
 > On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:44, R. Bernstein wrote:
 > > Still, I'm curious if it would have helped in the situation mentioned.
 > Well, libunieject provides all the methods to do the actual ejection, and it
 > comes down to a simple libunieject_eject() call after all. Maybe I should
 > first add support for using a CdIo_t pointer as a base for the unieject
 > descriptor too.

If I understand this correctly, this would be great.

Is the idea that (after possibly extending libunieject) when
configuring libcdio it would check to see if libunieject is around and
if so, use that for eject? (Prossibly this could be done at run time
too, but is it worth the complexity?)

 > The main issue is that some OSes requires to close the open descriptor,
 > which
 > is kinda unpractical on the long run.

Ok - thanks. Is that what was happening here?