[Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:57:08 +0100

Hi,

> >  int cdio_get_profile(CdIo_t *p_cdio, int *pno, char name[80]);
> I looked at  the doxygen comment for this and the implementation. Is it true
> that name is just a character interpretation of the value of pno?

Yes. In the apps of libburn i only rely on the
number. The name is only for human bystanders.

> If that's the case, then why not just have a function to map the number into
> its corresponding string?
> libcdio already has this.

Well, then of course rather:

  int cdio_get_profile(CdIo_t *p_cdio, int *pno);

If there is a name lookup function ... is there
really no profile retriever function yet ?

With all my proposals i run the risk to say
something stupid about libcdio. I understand the
topic but not necessarily the software. :))

Have a nice day :)

Thomas