Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: New MMC functions to detect media type

From: Frank Endres
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: New MMC functions to detect media type
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:24:22 -0100

Thanks Thomas !

I remember now You already told me how to to this. I am sorry, I spend lot
of time trying to understand libcdio, SCSI MMC commands. I was a little
lost. I think I can handle this now. Thanks again !

When done (and tested), I will send the code to this list. I now believe I
will be able to use libcdio for media detection on SimpleBurn !

I can't remember who asked, but I can tell that SimpleBurn (burning
application) has been designed to allow the switch device/media detection
method and burning suite: it is currently using cdrtools / cdrkit, but it
could later use libburn / libburnia (are these project different ? it looks
like they share common enums and functions) with xorriso... If needed, I
could let the user choose the burning suite at compilation (configuration)
time.

Frank

--
Frank Endres