Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Recent libcdio breakage fixed I think. Please te

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Recent libcdio breakage fixed I think. Please test.
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 03:45:53 -0500

An automake version number has been dropped following the recommendation
from the automake-1.11 doc section 6.4.1 on AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE. I assume this
will work with version 1.9. If not, see below.

The exact wording of message in the sample programs isn't terribly important
because the use here is not intended as a final polished program, but rather
for programmers to study and build on. That said, if you feel you can do
better while keeping things relatively simple, by all means suggest a patch.
The specific profile message containing "capable"  comes from
mmc_feature_profile2str which I think I got from one of the MMC drafts. It
is possible many of those profile strings should be revised.

The missing externals in libcdio.sym have been added. I have now checked
that the source tarball should be able to build in a sandbox.  Manual pages
in the src directory are generated by help2man. The tarball however contains
some version for folks like you.

Since building libcdio from git has always seemed to pose a challenge for
you, I have put a tarball at
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/libcdio-0.83git.tar.gz