Re: [Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:42:52 +0100

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 11:03:19PM -0500, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Leon Merten Lohse <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Congratulations on the release. I have a few comments and
> > questions, though.
> >
> > 1: the latest libcdio from git does not compile on this machine,
> > running GNU/Linux, unless I touch doc/version.texi, src/cd-drive.1,
> > src/cd-info.1, src/cd-read.1, src/iso-info.1 and src/iso-read.1.
> > I guess that is a known problem?
> >

> It is a known feature if you don't have the entire list of software
> installed in README.develop. Perhaps one day someone will adjust things so
> you get some kind of warning and do essentially what you and Thomas did by
> hand.

Well. Either I am or the list is missing something.
I think I have all of it:
git version 1.7.2.5, autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68, automake (GNU
automake) 1.11.1, libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4, m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.15, GNU
help2man 1.36, texindex (GNU texinfo) 4.13

> > 2: While looking through my cd-text patches I remembered, that you,
> > Rocky, once asked me to include a test case. Back then I did not know how
> > provide cd-text data without a physical disc. Now I do but I regard it
> > as unpractical to code a test case from scratch...
>
> Not sure what you mean but "unpractical".

I meant that it probably would not fit into the existing structure and
would be quite time consuming. Will take a closer look.

> > 3: I would like to address this bug again, since it was not fixed for
> > the release. http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33636
> > Honestly, I would like to help here, but my knowledge of other operating
> > systems is very limited. All that is needed is a function to get the
> > dirname of one path and append another path in a portable way.
> >

> Ok. I'll add something for before the next release.

Great!

Regards
Leon