Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:42:31 +0100

Hi,

Robert William Fuller wrote:
> http://www.sonydadc.com/file/cdtext.zip
> The good news is that if you paste that URL into the Internet Archive
> Wayback Machine, you can still download it.

I googled "Wayback Machine" but first failed the intelligence test
to get the ZIP from http://www.archive.org/web/web.php by pasting
the URL either to "Search:" or "Take Me Back".

The trick was to click at the link "December 30, 2005" at the start
of the "Search:" result page.
Now i have 3766603 bytes of ZIP.
    testing: CDTEXT/Manuals/DOC07.DOC   OK
    testing: CDTEXT/Manuals/DOC10.DOC   OK

Ouch. Does that mean OpenOffice ? My workstation's X server hates it.
Anybody know a more lightweight .DOC reader that runs on Debian 6.0.2 amd64 ?
(That's my headless test machine, where i can install stuff found in the
 internet.)

Well, somehow i will be able to read them. Thanks a lot, Rob.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas