Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:39:33 -0500

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Leon Merten Lohse <address@hidden>wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:25:38AM -0500, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> > > cdrecord should do the job. I do not have any blank discs right now but
> > > I will try tomorrow.
> > > There are two options
> > > 1) use `cuefile=filename' and `-text' command line arguments. cdrecord
> > > should parse the CDTEXTFILE keyword then
> > > 2) if it does not, you can still manually specify the cdtextfile with
> > > `textfile=filename' argument
> > > see man cdrecord
> > >

> > In either case I get:
> >   cdrecord: Inconsistent CD-Text file 'cdtext.cdt' not a multiple of pack
> > length
> >   cdrecord: Cannot use 'cdtext.cdt' as CD-Text file.
>
> The file was in indeed corrupted. There was an extra 0 byte at the end.
> CDRWIN's
> implemenation was not as reliable as expected ;).
> File is fixed now and cdrecord should accept it. Thanks for testing!!

YAY! I am now able to burn this and see that we get CD Text information on
the burned CD. It means others should be able to do this as well. (I have
no doubt though that someone will upload this to CDDB and/or MusicBrainz).

For reference: before cdrecord would allow me to burn, I had to make each
track be at least 4 seconds long (at least  705600 bytes); also the size of
the bin file had to be large enough and a multiple of 2352 bytes. I wound
up cat'ing 3 copies of cdda.bin for this purpose. These changes are all
checked into the git repository.