Re: [Libcdio-devel] new cdtext interface

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] new cdtext interface
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:26:29 +0200

Hi Rob,

first of all, there are nearly no commercial disks, that have multilanguage CD-Text.

On 2012-10-13 14:27, Robert William Fuller wrote:
Some questions about the new cdtext interface.

Do I need to set the language?  What language will I get if I do not
set the language?  Is there a default language?  Will it return the
first language on the disc?

Default is the first language on the disc (block 0).

Does asking for track 0 still return the disc-level cdtext?

Yes. The main difference is, that you now have one structure for the whole disc.

When does libcdio read the cdtext on a real disc?  Is this part of
the TOC parsing?  What function call is going to trigger reading the
cdtext?

Calling cdio_get_cdtext the first time will trigger the reading and caching. It is not part of the TOC parsing. You have to call it manually. If you are interested in the mmc, look at mmc_read_cdtext_private in mmc/mmc.c.

cdio_get_cdtext calls cdio_get_cdtext_raw, which you can do yourself if you are interested int the binary data.

I am asking in the interest of expediting my testing of the upcoming
release.  If I do not get answers quickly, I will refer to the code.

Thank you.

Rob

Thank YOU!

Regards