Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Remove BSDi and OS/2 drivers

From: Steven M. Schultz
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Remove BSDi and OS/2 drivers
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 09:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

> From Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>
>
> I don't believe there has been anyone working on, let alone testing
> the BSDi or OS/2 drivers. Does anyone still use either?

        It is approaching 9 years since BSDi went out of business (2005 is
        my recollection) and I know I have used my BSDi system only in its
        nat/firewall role for many years now (system still running great).

> Perhaps then, these should be deprecated and removed. Thoughts?

        Deprecation is fine with me.  I have no plans for doing any development
        on BSDi but I have no idea if there are others who are doing so.

        Might as well remove them - BSDi didn't have sound drivers anyhow
        past 4.3.1 anyhow.

        Steven Schultz